Thursday, February 9, 2012

CA19-9 tumor marker test

I got the phone call 2 days ago, the reminder call that I had an appointment with my oncologist today.  I had planned to go skiing but I hadn't been to the oncologist for nearly a month so I felt that it was important to go.

When I arrived I was told that the doc wasn't in today and I would only be getting a lab test done.  My appointment with the doc wasn't until next week.  Thinking it would be silly to get stabbed twice for blood draws I asked what all the hubub was about.  The receptionist then told me that I was scheduled for a CA19-9 tumor marker test today.  It is the first one of these tests I have ever had.  I have had another type of tumor marker test (AFP I think) but that was long ago.  I find it interesting that I am just now getting this test, but hey, I am glad I am getting it.

I have an appointment next week to see the doc and discuss the results of the test and to schedule a PET scan.  I was told by the nurses that I could call in tomorrow to get the results of the CA19-9 test if I wanted to.  You better believe I am!  I will keep you all posted.  I am certain that it will be good news! Focus, focus, focus! Good news!

Many healthy blessings to all!

2 comments:

  1. We are manufacturers and exporters of Himalayan Salt Products from last 12 years. Himalayan salt is the most efficient emitter of negative ions which have many health benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I i decided to share this because i am so glad today and happy that i am alive to see another new day and not just that but also to share the goodnews of how i survived a deadly stage 4 cholangiocarsinoma (bile duct cancer). I was told by my oncologist that i had just 6 months left to live and i was so scared to lose my wife. I was lucky to contact Dr Mrs Aleta who i told all about it and she is the nicest person i have spoken to. She recommended a herbal medicine for her which she took that cured her in less than a month. Well for more info about the medicine and cancer treatment simply reach her on aletedwin@gmail.com she can help you too. Contact her for any form of cancer too.

    ReplyDelete