Thursday, May 31, 2012

Resource sharing is awesome!!

Hello everyone!
I have been meaning to do this for so long now.  I have some really great resources to share with you all.  Let me just get to it, ok? Here goes.



Find a Cure Liver Panel


FACP is looking for STAGE IV liver cancer patients OR for their caregivers.  They specialize in patient related resources for serious and rare liver disease.  It is a 45 minute phone conversation (with either the patient or caregiver) and $100 goes to a non-profit of your choice if you participate.  This is valuable stuff people as it helps research these rare cancers of the liver, such as cholangiocarcinoma.  So little is known about CC and every little tiny minute bit helps learn more about how to prevent and find a cure for these cancers.  If you know someone who qualifies (must be stage IV and in treatment) please pass this along to them.

Sorry everyone...It looks as if this study is now over.  I will let you all know if I hear about another one as soon as possible..


Someone With

Here we have a great resource for those out there with breast cancer.  This site has lotions, potions, lymphedema sleeves, scarves, books, you name it! And all at reasonable prices as well!  I have used the Queasy Pops and they are literally a life saver!!! Seriously! I got so tired of always eating ondansetron (literally about every 4-6 hours) and these little candies really helped with the nausea.  They have suckers and little hard candies (those were my favorite) and they come in different flavors too (raspberry was my fav) and for about $5 they really do a great job of keeping you from driving the porcelain bus if you know what I mean.  I also have two of the books on this site, "The Cancer Fighting Kitchen" and "Eating Well Through Cancer".  Cancer Fighting Kitchen is my favorite here and I use it a LOT.  Actually one of my all time favorite recipes is in there (quinoa stuffed acorn squash with collards).  You have just got to check this site out! It is so great to have so many resources in one place like this.



Crystals and their healing properties


I just love rocks, crystals, gemstones, minerals, and fossils.  I have used them for years and more so during my "cancer adventure".  I truly believe in the healing properties of gemstones and carry them with me, wear them (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings) and even sleep with them under my pillow to help different things going on with my body and emotions...cause they are related, right?  Here are two great sites I stumbled upon recently that gives pretty good information about different gems.  You might want to check it out, even if you are not a "believer" it is still super fun to read through.

Healing Crystals
Shimmerlings



Zentangle

Anyone out there with "chemobrain"?  Well, this is for you! This has helped my chemo brain so much and it is super fun!  They are easy (just working with different patterns to make a larger picture) and only takes 15-20 minutes and it really gives your brain some much needed something...anyway, it helps get those organizational things firing again up there in that grey matter.  Here is a site with tons of patterns to get you started.  Or you can purchase Zentangle books too.  They are awesome!




My third Zentangle


I have had two high dose Vitamin C treatments now. Each time I also have gotten a Vitamin B shot.  I started off with 15grams of C the first time and yesterday I increased to 25grams.  Over time I will be up to somewhere around 100grams.  It will take a while.  I am going every other week for this therapy (trying to stretch that dollar as far as possible and still get the benefits).  I have been battling fatigue for weeks and weeks now.  I actually slept until 11am today! Yikes!!! I must have needed it though, I try to listen to my body but sometimes its gets a little excessive, I mean really, 11am indeed!  

I am LOVING my new apartment!!! Let me say that again because it feels so good...

I AM LOVING MY NEW APARTMENT!! 
It is clean, doesn't smell icky, very quiet, the other tenants are super nice, the laundry room doesn't have bed bug signs in it, people don't stop me and ask for drugs or if I want to buy drugs, no one calls me vulgar names or tries to get into a fight with me, and no one smokes in the building! SCORE! I still am trying to get my place dialed out a bit, seems I am a collector of chotchkies and baubles and sentimental things...not hoarder-ville or anything like that but too much for my space.  So organizing and goodwill runs and ebay it is for me. That feels good actually, a purging of sorts in more than one way.  It is good for the soul.

I am trying to get the book organized and started in some way...I've never written a book before and it is pretty daunting.  I remember when I had to write my masters thesis, and that seemed easier than a book.  I've been telling myself that it is really nothing more than a long paper and I am actually pretty good at writing papers.  It is just the initial getting started phase that is the hardest for me, once I get it together and get it going it is less scary and I get super jazzed and will most likely have a hard time stopping sometimes. 

I have been trying to find creative ways to make an extra buck or two just to make ends meet.  I've been making mobiles, let me know if you would like one.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete