Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 85

I found out that the nurse did not forget the steroids last week, it is just that I am getting a little more susceptible to the effects of the chemo...huh, go figure.  My white blood cell count was getting lower, but last week my red blood cells were lower, this week they are fine so I'm not worried.  Plus I get the next two weeks off so I get to rebuild and heal, nice.

Chemo session #6 today went well, I watched Mexico win the soccer game vs France.  I found out that I had lost even more weight and since last week have lost 4 more pounds.  Now down to 121lbs.  I haven't weighed that much since I was about 15 years old maybe even younger.  I never in my life thought I would ever have to worry about gaining weight, it is a strange thing for certain.  So in light of my new freedoms in the world of food, Jeff brought me a tuna salad sandwich and a big bag of salt and vinegar Kettle chips for lunch.  I almost ate the whole bag of potato chips.  After all, it was indeed doctors orders, no lie!  Bottom line, I need to eat more food or at least more calories and more fat.  Gotta keep my immune system strong and wash my hands a lot.

Oooh!  I graduate on Saturday! Pretty cool huh?! I have been in grad school since July of 2007 at Antioch University in Seattle.  I got my masters in education in 2008 and now I will have my masters in environment and community.  Well, I have to be honest.  I am not quite done, I do still have one more class to take in the summer quarter.  I might take a break and do it in the fall.  I am not sure but I will be doing it sooner than later.  Anyway I really can't believe that I will not be around my group of school mates any more.  I will miss my cohort dearly.  What an awesome group of people.  My experience at Antioch was one of the best experiences of my life, and I have had some good ones (Crystal Mountain, The National Park Service).  I have come away from that place with so many treasures and so much personal growth and so many wonderful friends, I love you guys.  The group pictured here is the Pink Elephants, we rock :)

I just wanted to update you all before the weekend gets busy.  Next week is pretty busy as well with the awesome benefit show happening at the White Eagle on next Tuesday June 22nd.  There will be so many awesome raffle goodies.  Things like  gift certificates from Voodoo Doughnuts, The Mountain Shop, Blackbird Tattoo, Elephants Deli,  Dingo's Taqueria and 4 awesome LibTech/Gnu snowboards!  Those are some really awesome gifts! Thank you to everyone who donated to make this so great from the gift certificates to the performers, the artists and the venue.  Many, many thanks to you all!




And another GIANT thank you to all of you out there who have donated to the Chip In account and to the Bank of America account.  This all helps so much, you have no idea. You all rock!

Congratulations fellow Antioxidents!  Class of 2010!  



No comments:

Post a Comment